http://www.curtishomes.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/baby-curtis-homes.jpeg 1984 2976 vlsstudios http://curtishomes.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/logo.png vlsstudios2016-09-02 17:11:532016-09-02 17:14:19Baby Proofing Your Home
Those little bundles of joy are sweet and cuddly, but they’re also very curious. They will try to get their hands, and mouths, on everything. So you should take some precautions to baby proof your home and keep them safe.
Here are some basic tips to keep in mind:
- Don’t leave small objects on the floor. This can pose a choking hazard.
- If you have large pieces of furniture like a bookcase, make sure to secure them to the wall.
- Safety gates are a must. Put a gate at the bottom and top of your staircase.
- Make sure you don’t leave any appliances and heat tools plugged in.
- Be wary of floor plants. Yes, they’re nice decorations, but some can also be poisonous.
- Keep your furniture away from windows and blinds. It’s also smart to install cordless blinds.
- Don’t leave cleaning supplies in reach and install child-proof locks on your cabinets.
- If you take a bath or are cleaning your tub, never leave standing water. This goes for sinks and buckets too. It only takes a little bit of water to be dangerous to babies.
- When you’re cooking, try to only use the back burners and leave the handles facing backward so they can’t reach them.
- If you have small magnets, take them off your fridge. If they fall off your child could swallow them.